The time has come for you to choose a winner. The shortlist is ready to look at, mull over and select from – and then your votes will decide the Love Your Place photo competition.
You can view all seven shortlisted pictures in our gallery. Flip through them and take a close look. Or you can go straight to our public poll on Facebook, where the images can also be seen – and that is where you vote, too.
The shortlisted photos are:
- Ash Hazari – niece and nephew walking through Ealing – Dickens Yard
- Chris Wilkie – Harrier Hawk outside Christ the Saviour Parish Church
- Kal Di Paola – Multi-cultural Acton – Community coffee time in Churchfield Road
- Lauren Garden – Alice the dog finishing her daily dip and swim in Gunnersbury Park pond
- Malgorzata Sikora – Northala Fields lakes, mounds and play area
- Nigel Tooth – beekeeper Mel lovingly relocating a swarm of 25,000 honeybees that landed in the back garden
- Tammy Nguyen – Flowers and Christ the Saviour Church
Time to vote
The Love Your Place photography competition poll will close at 11.59pm on Wednesday, 15 May (2019). As we have said, you choose the winner and it is easy to vote for your favourite picture, all of which were sent in by readers of Around Ealing and EalingNewsExtra.co.uk
Each captures a moment that made the entrants love where they live. That was the aim of the competition.
The results of the poll will be announced on this website.
We have teamed up with Tonkotsu Ealing for the Love Your Place contest (which replaces our Seasons of Ealing competition). The winner and runner-up will be published in Around Ealing magazine – as well as on this website – and Tonkotsu Ealing is also offering tasty prizes.
The main prize, for the winning entry, is lunch or dinner for two people at Tonkotsu Ealing in Ealing Broadway, to the value of £50. There are also prizes for the runner-up and for the third placed entry, of rewards vouchers. These will each give the bearers a free ramen of their choice at Tonkotsu.
No monetary alternative will be offered.