Gunnersbury Park and Museum is the place to be for activities and adventures this autumn – from crafts workshops, to nature walks, dance classes and history talks.
As leaves turn to gold, conkers line the ground beneath and the air starts to turn crisp, there is no better time to come and explore the beautiful surroundings of Gunnersbury Park.
Meanwhile inside the museum, you’ll find stories about local people throughout history through interactive galleries, with helpful and knowledgeable staff on hand to answer questions.
Find out about upcoming events at Gunnersbury Park and Museum below:
- Klezmerco music event – join lively London-based band Klezmerco as they bring the best of Klezmer and Eastern European music to Gunnersbury. Raise the roof and stomp those feet as you listen to this traditional music form. £8 per adult, £6 per child. 28 October, 2.30pm – 3.45pm.
- Bird Walk – experience Gunnersbury Park as the sun rises for an early morning bird walk with John Wells, a local naturalist. Get to know Gunnersbury’s birdlife across beautiful parkland. Free to attend. Sunday 4 November, 8.30am – 10am.
- Places & Traces Embroidery Workshop – drop in to this free workshop, inspired by the Fabric of Faith exhibition and explore places of meaning through embroidery and other creative textile activities. There are activities for experienced people, beginners and children. 10 November 12 noon – 4pm.
- Remembering the First World War – An afternoon of iconic First World War poetry readings and contemporary work on the theme of conflict from local poets is taking place on Remembrance Sunday. 11 November, 2pm – 4pm.
- Remembering the First World War – the museum is hosting two history talks, ‘Celebrating the End of the First World War’ with Dr Jonathan Oates, Ealing local studies archivist, and ’Collecting Under Fire: Soldier-Scholars and the First World War’ with Julia Tubman, curator at Gunnersbury Park Museum Gunnersbury Park Museum’s archaeological collections. £10. 14 November 7pm – 8.30pm.
- Little Flamingos: Museum Movers and Shakers – suitable for walking babies and toddlers, this fun interactive dancing workshop is perfect for young children and adults alike. £5 per child, £3 for additional siblings. 21 November 11am – 12 noon.
- Winter Fair – enjoy family activities suitable for children of all ages and celebrate the festive season at Gunnersbury’s Winter Fair. See costumed historical characters, sing along to carols, get some festive facepaint and enjoy seasonal snacks. Free entry (some activities are first come, first served – bookable on the day, and will charge). 24 and 25 November 10.30am – 4pm.
- Recollection – This is a monthly arts and reminiscence group for people with dementia with activities exploring art and the museum collections, as well as sharing stories of the old days. £2, including refreshments. 16 November, 14 December, 18 January, 15 February 10.30am – 12:30pm.
Councillor Bassam Mahfouz, cabinet member for finance and leisure said: “Gunnersbury Park and Museum is the perfect place to enjoy a day out this autumn, whether you enjoy local history, exciting crafts or music and dance.
“I encourage residents to have a look at the many events and activities taking place in the coming weeks and make a date in their dairies for a visit.”
Visit Gunnersbury Park and Museum’s website for the full list of events and activities taking place this autumn and for further information on how to get involved.