The Ealing Summer Festivals is back, and it has teamed-up with Around Ealing to give away 12 tickets to readers in a competition. It is also looking for local people, and businesses, to get involved in the events extravaganza.
After a COVID-enforced year away, Ealing Summer Festivals are returning with a summer-long programme of comedy, live music, cinema screenings, feasting and activities for all ages hosted in Walpole Park in Ealing.
- Ealing Summer Feast, Walpole Park, 16–18 July. Three days of eating, drinking, shopping, kids’ activities and listening to some of the borough’s best bands.
- Ealing Comedy. Walpole Park, 21–25 July. It would not be ESF without the belly laughing entertainment of Ealing Comedy. Its partner, Headliners Comedy, is busy working on the line-up, so keep your eyes peeled for announcements and tickets.
- Walpole Live, Walpole Park, 27 July–8 August. Open five days a week, it is like a glamping holiday but without the camping. You can pop in for a spot of lunch on a weekday, take the kids for an afternoon of craft, lie on the grass and watch a movie or go to evening or weekend performances from the best of the borough’s bands and DJs, plus headliners from across the country.
Get involved in the festivals
If that is not enough, 2021 is also the inaugural year of the Ealing Fringe, bringing the best of the borough’s performers to all of its seven towns – between June and August – and you can get involved.
ESF wants local people, groups and businesses involved in the Fringe programme and the Walpole Live programmes:
- EVENTS If you are a borough resident with an existing local event or one in the pipeline – use the ESF online application form
- PERFORMERS If you are a performer or activity provider who wants to perform or deliver an activity – use the ESF online application form
- WORKERS Interested at trying your hand at festival work? Email email@example.com
- STALLS Traders, businesses and charities can run pop-up stalls. A dedicated team is available to help – for example, if you want to take your restaurant outdoors, but have never run a pop-up stall, the team can assist you. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPONSORS Get noticed at the events by being one of the ESF sponsors – there are a variety of packages and benefits to choose from. Email email@example.com
The festivals competition
There are three chances to win, because three lucky entrants will win one of the following prizes:
- Four tickets for Ealing Comedy Festival 21-25 July
- Four tickets for Walpole Live, 31 July – 1 August
- Four tickets for Walpole Live, 7 – 8 August.
In Ealing’s Walpole Park, an array of top comedians will split sides and poke fun at the world, while at Walpole Live you can experience a bit of glamping without the camping, and kick back and relax for a spot of food, live music or a movie.
How do I enter?
To stand a chance of winning, all you have to do is answer the following question correctly and send your answer in by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 11.59pm on Friday, 16 July (2021).
Question: Who is ESF’s comedy partner?
Make sure the subject line of your email is ESF competition. Once the deadline has passed, three winners will then be randomly drawn out. Only the winners will be notified – and these must respond by email in a stated period of time, or alternative winners may be drawn in their place. Names of winners may appear on the Ealing Summer Festivals website or on Around Ealing’s website.