The deadline for entries to our autumn 2018 Seasons of Ealing competition is a spooky coincidence because it falls in witching hour: Midnight as Hallowe’en comes to a close. Photos have been piling in to our cauldron of images and you need to act fast if you have not thrown your entry into the mix yet.
This photograph by Moumita Sarkar was shortlisted in last year’s autumn contest.
Get snapping and sending…
HOW DO I ENTER?
Photos must be received by the closing deadline for entries, which is 11.59pm on 31 October 2018. After that point, a panel will judge the entries and select a shortlist. These shortlisted photos will be showcased on a gallery on this website – and then everyone can get involved because the winner will be selected via a public poll we will run at Facebook.com/EalingLondon – after which the winner will be announced.
You should email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing deadline for your entry/entries to be considered.
For your photo to be considered you must also follow this process:
- Put Seasons of Ealing in the subject line of the email
- Include your name, postal address and phone number
- Include a brief description of what the photo is of, when you took it and where you took it
- State that the photo was taken by you, and that you also have permission of any people whose faces appear in the photo to enter the photo into the Seasons of Ealing competition
- Make sure the image is of a high enough resolution to be reproduced online and in print (i.e. poor quality images will not be considered).
Other things to know
By entering the competition you are agreeing for your photo to be reproduced in Around Ealing magazine, EalingNewsExtra.co.uk website, and the council’s social media channels at any time. No remuneration will be possible but you will be named as the photographer if it is used on this website or in Around Ealing.
We will not, unfortunately, be able to reply to everyone who has entered the competition.
If any image is found not to have been taken in the borough, or to have broken any of the other conditions outlined above, the photo will be disqualified from the competition.