Over the festive period Network Rail will be making upgrades affecting travel from Paddington and stations across Ealing.
Western Route stations in the borough will be affected by the planned works which will see no services from Paddington to Slough from 23-26 December and 30 December. A reduced rail service will be held from 27-29 and 31 December. See details of amended train services below.
A road closure outside Ealing Broadway station will be in place from 6pm on 23 December to 5am on 27 December. During this time, businesses will be open as per usual and pedestrians will be able to use the footpath.
Tube lines will be running as per usual except for the Central Line which has planned strikes on 21 and 22 December. There will be no service from 8pm (21 December) to 2am (22 December). The strike will resume at 4am on 22 December before ending at 8pm.
Check before you travel
From Sunday 23 until Wednesday 26 and Sunday 30 December:
- There will be no TfL Rail or Heathrow Express services between Paddington and Heathrow Terminal 4 while Network Rail carry out improvements for Crossrail
- There will be no Great Western Railway services between Paddington and Slough
- A rail replacement bus service will run between Slough and Ealing Broadway, calling at Southall and Hayes & Harlington
- Train tickets will be accepted on local buses for Acton Main Line, Hanwell and West Ealing stations.
From Thursday 27 until Saturday 29 December and on Monday 31 December:
- TfL Rail and Heathrow Express services will run between Paddington and Heathrow approximately every 30 minutes.
- TfL Rail services will not call at Acton Main Line, West Ealing or Hanwell.
- Great Western Railway services will depart Paddington for Reading, stopping at Ealing Broadway, Southall and Hayes & Harlington every 30 minutes.