Time is running out to join thousands of other Londoners in Solar Together. You could save money – while also helping the planet by using solar power at home.
So far more than 3,000 households have registered across the capital. You have until midnight on Monday (21 October) to register.
The group-buying scheme for solar panels aims to give people access to high-quality solar panels at a competitive price and proved a big success when it first ran last year.
Last year, Solar Together was able to secure discounts of more than 20% against market averages. And, as well as saving people money on the panels and installation, the solar power cut their energy bills, too. But that is not all, the scheme also helps the environment. Across three regions last year, Solar Together helped homeowners cut an impressive 35,000 tonnes of lifetime carbon emissions. That is the same amount of carbon dioxide as would be produced by more than 7,000 cars over a year.
Solar Together London is part of the Mayor of London’s Energy for Londoners programme which aims to make London’s homes and workplaces more energy efficient and supply the capital with more local, clean energy.
How does it work?
- Householders can register online to become part of the group for free and without obligation by midnight on 21 October
- Pre-vetted UK solar PV suppliers participate in an auction on 22 October. They are able to offer compelling pricing as the volume and geographic concentration will make it possible for them to realise greater efficiencies, which they pass on with lower prices for installations
- After the auction, registered households will receive a personal recommendation, specific to the details they submitted in their registration
- If households choose to accept their recommendation, the specifics of their installation will be confirmed with a technical survey after which a date can be set for the installation of their solar PV system
- Telephone and email helpdesks are on-hand throughout the process and information sessions will allow households to make an informed decision in a safe and hassle-free environment.