From today (Monday, 3 April), Dormers Wells Leisure Centre is introducing a range of free exercise classes throughout the week to encourage first time users of all ages and abilities to try a new class as part of its Try It, Do It scheme.
In partnership with Ealing Council and funded by Sport England’s Community Sport Activation Fund, the centre will run an eight-week programme giving Southall residents the chance to participate in activities including women-only group exercise and swimming classes and mixed gender exercise sessions.
A variety of classes will be introduced by the leisure centre, which is run by charitable social enterprise GLL, which operates under its Better brand. The Try It, Do It scheme aims to tackle issues such as body confidence and diverse cultural needs by encouraging people who have not participated in any physical activity recently to try something new.
You will be able to attend one of the following Try It, Do It sessions for free:
- BoxFit. Every Monday, 3 April to 22 May, 6.30-7.30pm
- Group cycle. Every Tuesday, 4 April to 23 May, 6-6.30pm
- Functional. Every Wednesday, 5 April to 24 May, 6.30-7pm
- Power Pump (For The Girls). Every Wednesday, 5 April to 24 May 6.30-7.30pm
- SwimFit (For The Girls). Every Friday, 7 April to 26 May, 12noon-1pm
- Yoga (For The Girls). Every Sunday, 9 April to 28 May, 11am-12noon.
For more information visit Dormers Wells Leisure Centre or log on to www.better.org.uk