With a few daffodils daring to poke out their petals, March is the perfect time for local businesses and residents to get into the spirit of spring cleaning, have a clear-up and help the borough look its brilliant best in time for sunnier days ahead.
The Great British Spring Clean is a national initiative that encourages local organisations, community groups and residents to take pride in their local neighbourhood by organising their own clear-up events.
Ealing Council is supporting the Great British Spring Clean and is encouraging residents to get involved in several events already scheduled in the borough, which you can see below, or to get together to set up their own.
Local businesses of all shapes and sizes are also being encouraged to run their own clean-ups as part of the big spring clean, which starts on 3 March and continues throughout the month.
Clear-up by Shaylor staff shows right spirit
One business to have already organised its own clear-up is the Shaylor Group, a construction company currently involved in a development project at the Kellogg Tower site in Greenford. As you can see in the pictures above (and elsewhere on this page), staff members spent a couple of days clearing an alleyway and a green space next to the construction site. The staff members cleared rubbish and litter from both places, which was then disposed of through one of the Shaylor Group’s waste management companies.
There is plenty of time for local businesses to get involved. For more information visit www.ealing.gov.uk/springclean
Great British Spring Clean events scheduled in the borough
- Community Orchard Planting Day and clean-up at Southall Recreation Ground. Saturday, 4 March, 10am-3pm
- Canal clean up at The Grand Southall, heading eastwards along The Common. Saturday, 4 March, 10am-3pm
- Ranger-led litter pick at Brent Lodge Park. Saturday, 4 March, 9am-1pm
- Clear-up of River Brent at Pitshanger Park. Sunday, 5 March, 11am-1.30pm (meet at the bandstand, next to the Will to Win café)
- Mill Hill Gardens RA clear-up at Armenian Information and Advice. Sunday, 5 March, from 10.30am (meet at 105a Mill Hill Road Acton W3 8JF)
- Litter picking at South Ealing Station with ward councillors and volunteers. Saturday, 11 March, 10am-12noon
- Litter picking at Northfields Station with ward councillors and volunteers. Saturday, 11 March, 12noon-2pm.
- Litter picking at Boston Manor Station with ward councillors and volunteers. Saturday, 11 March, 2.30-3.30pm.
There is no need to book for the events – just turn up and get involved on the day. For more information visit www.ealing.gov.uk/springclean